Wednesday 4 October 2017

Michy Batshuayi has no intention of leaving Chelsea in January


Michy Batshuayi has no intention of leaving Chelsea in January



-4th october 2017.
Michy Batshuayi is determined to succeed at Chelsea after Eden Hazard advised him to stay at the Premier League champions in the summer.
After making just one top-flight start last season following a move from Marseille, Batshuayi was linked with a number of clubs but, despite the arrival of Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, he decided not to leave Stamford Bridge.
Batshuayi is Chelsea's only senior backup to Morata, who plays as a traditional striker, after Fernando Llorente snubbed a move to the club in favour of Tottenham. And he could be set for extended game time with the Spain international likely to be ruled out for several weeks with a hamstring strain.
He was most concerned about his first-team opportunities when Llorente looked set to make the move, but Belgium teammate Hazard assured him he would be better off staying with the Premier League champions.
"It was friendly advice," he told Belgian media. "When he said that, he thought a third striker was going to come, but in the end, there's only two of us for one place. I want to succeed at this club and my relationship with Alvaro is very healthy.
"I don't want to leave during the next transfer window, because we're going to play a lot of games and I will certainly get an opportunity."
Batshuayi's optimism remains intact despite seeing boss Antonio Conte opt to replace the injured Morata with Willian during the first half of last weekend's 1-0 defeat to Manchester City.
Batshuayi did eventually make an appearance, coming on for Tiemoue Bakayoko 17 minutes from time, but has nothing but praise for Conte's influence on his game.
"What disappointed me was our defeat to Manchester City, not my personal situation," he added. "The coach congratulates me often because he knows my commitment on a daily basis. Thanks to him, I have progressed tactically.
"Before, I didn't think about all that, but I've progressed... just like the rest of the squad. In terms of self-discipline and motivation, I'm also stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts